Peter M. Hoagland, MD, FACC
A History of Understanding
Now Accepting New Patients!
I initially became a cardiologist because I have heart disease myself. I underwent open-heart surgery in 1989 and again in 2001. I have had all cardiac tests. I wanted to help people with conditions similar to my own.
San Diego Magazine Top Doctor Awards
Dr. Hoagland even sent me a blood pressure monitor
Dr. Hoagland even sent me a blood pressure monitor so I can monitor my blood pressure every day.
Dr. Hoagland is an exceptional doctor and I have been under his care for over 40 years.
Dr. Hoagland is an excellent cardiologist
Dr. Hoagland is an excellent cardiologist. He listens to the patient, is thorough in his assessment, provides testing promptly and also reports results promptly. He is an empathetic physician!
Dr. Hoagland is always willing to listen
Dr. Hoagland is always willing to listen and give me relevant information.
Dr. Hoagland put my mind at ease!
I would love to recommend Dr. Hoagland
No doubt in my mind that I would love to recommend Dr. Hoagland to any human being.
The best doctor anyone could wish for
Dr. Peter Hoagland is the best doctor anyone could wish for. He really cares for my health and always listens and answers my questions.
Dr. Hoagland and his office is the best.
I'm very pleased
I'm very pleased to have Dr. Peter Hoagland as my heart doctor.
And a Knowledge of the Latest Medical Advancements
I am dedicated to learning more about heart conditions and the best treatment available. As our field evolves, so do technology and pharmaceuticals. I have a particular interest in the noninvasive evaluation and treatment of heart disease, particularly coronary artery disease, valvular disease, and congestive heart failure.
Education and Training:
- Disease Cardiology Fellowship: Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts; Bayside Medical Ctr, Springfield, Massachusetts
- Residency: Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Medical Doctorate: Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Bachelor of Arts: Harvard College
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Advanced Heart Failure
- The Janeway Prize for Highest Achievement & Abilities, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Board of Directors
- Magna Cum Laude, Harvard
- Director, San Diego Cardiac Center
- Former Chief of Medicine, Sharp Memorial Hospital and Sharp Cabrillo Hospital
- Former Chairman, Medical Ethics Committee, Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Former Chief of Staff, Sharp Memorial Hospital
- San Diego County Medical Society
- California Medical Society
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- American College of Physicians
- Aortic Stenosis
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Myocardial Infarction