Hirsch S. Mehta, MD, FACC, FHFSA
Humility in Medicine
Now Accepting New Patients!
I was raised by a large extended family which included both my parents and grandparents. Both of my grandmothers suffered from cardiovascular disease. Watching them struggle with illness allowed me to realize the bond between physicians and their patients. My goal as a physician is to make my patients feel comfortable in difficult situations and offer them the guidance to live healthy and fulfilling lives.
San Diego Magazine Top Doctor Awards
Always had excellent service from Dr. Mehta's office and nursing staff.
Dr. Mehta is a kind, well informed, good communicator.
I feel confident in his care
Dr. Mehta always takes the time to explain outcomes of tests, operations, etc. I feel confident in his care and valued as a person as well as a patient.
Dr. Mahta was so wonderful
Dr. Mahta was so wonderful! I felt welcomed and heard.
Blessed to have Dr. Mehta
Blessed to have Dr. Mehta as my specialist and crusader.
Very caring doctor
Dr. Mehta has an outstanding team. He treated his patient with utmost respect and motivated me to live my life to the fullest. I am very grateful to have an outstanding and very caring doctor
I think Dr. Mehta and his staff at the Cardiac Center and the staff at Sharp Memorial Hospital are exceptional people.
Dr. Mehta is an excellent doctor. The staff is always courteous and polite.
Interest in Clinical Investigation
My investigative interests focus on translational research in the field of cardiovascular medicine. As a heart failure specialist, I have a particular interest in emerging technologies including novel pharmaceuticals, intra-cardiac devices, genetic testing and personalized medicine that in the near future will allow patients with failing hearts to afford a better quality of life than they experience today.
Education and Training:
- Advanced Heart Failure, Cardiac Transplantation Mechanical Circulatory Support Fellowship: Stanford University
- Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship: Scripps Clinic and Green Hospital
- Internal Medicine Residency: Scripps Clinic and Green Hospital
- Doctor of Medicine: Drexel University College of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science, Cum Laude: University of Southern California
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases
- National Board of Echocardiography
- Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology
- Non-ischemic Cardiomyopathy
- Cardiac Transplantation
- Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pocket Echocardiography
- Three-Dimensional Cardiac Imaging