Charles A. Athill, MD, FACC, FHRS
The Making of a Doctor
Now Accepting New Patients!
My interest in medicine began at a very early age. I decided to pursue cardiology after my father died from complications from atrial fibrillation. I chose to study heart disease in depth, which has allowed me to extend advanced training and understanding to cure arrhythmias. I truly enjoy my interaction with patients and the immense pleasure I derive from helping them heal.
San Diego Magazine Top Doctor Awards
Continuing to Gain Knowledge and Understanding
"Education has always been an important part of my life. Because cardiology is constantly advancing, it provides the opportunity to continue to learn and develop better ways to help people overcome illness."
Dr. had very good bedside manner
Dr. had very good bedside manner. Very informative - went out of his way to make us understand the diagnosis - Would definitely recommend him.
Dr. Athill is wonderful
Dr. Athill is a wonderful, talented [and] caring physician.
My first visit was great
My first visit was great, I think he cares about 'OLD' people, I can get all the information from him. A great - happy - caring doctor.
Dr. Athill is very knowledgeable
Dr. Athill is very knowledgeable caring and articulate and warm. Top notch in all regards.
Always a great experience
Always a great experience with this provider.
Dr. Charles Athill, Cardiac Electrophysiology
Education and Training:
- Electrophysiology Fellowship: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center; UCLA School of Medicine
- Clinical Cardiology Fellowship: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center; UCLA School of Medicine; Harvard University
- Internal Medicine Residency: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical Doctorate: Harvard Medical School
- Bachelor of Arts, Molecular Biology: Princeton University
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Director, Cardiac Electrophysiology, Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Chief of Cardiology, Sharp Memorial Hospital
National Institutes of Health Postgraduate; Research Fellowship, UCLA; Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts General
- Association of Black Cardiologists
- American College of Cardiology
- San Diego County Medical Society
- California Medical Association
- American Heart Association
- NIH Postgraduate Fellowship Award
- Merwin Foundation Scholarship Award, Harvard Medical School
- Magna Cum Laude, Princeton University
Presentation and Publication Subjects:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Intra-atrial Reentry
- Atrial Flutter
- Supraventricular Tachycardia Ablation
- Ventricular Arrhythmias
- Biventricular Pacing