John B. Gordon III, MD, FACC
With Years of Education and Professional Experience
Now Accepting New Patients!
When I first decided to do a cardiology fellowship, I planned to become a physician, scientist and teacher. I was fascinated by cardiovascular physical diagnosis, physiology and molecular biology. As a practicing cardiologist, I have enjoyed managing complex coronary artery disease and peripheral vascular disease.
Dr. John Gordon is the best
Dr. John Gordon is the bomb and he's the greatest.
Great experience. Warm and inviting doctor.
Dr. Gordon always explains my results with me. Very caring.
He was calm and listened
He was calm and listened to my questions and concerns and explained things to me and was very helpful.
An excellent meeting
I met with Dr. Gordon who evaluated my situation and adjusted my medication. An excellent meeting.
Dr. Gordon is an excellent cardiologist.
Dr. Gordon was easy to talk with
Dr. Gordon was easy to talk with, he listened and gave thought prior to responding. He took interest in my problems and made me feel like a person. I was not just another patient. He appears to be a caring and thoughtful cardiologist.
Dr. Gordon is very attentive
Dr. Gordon is very attentive, answered all my questions and explained clearly all the steps.
I'm very pleased with Dr. Gordon
I'm very pleased with Dr. Gordon. I felt that he was really concerned about my problem to come up with a solution to help. Really liked him.
Dr. Gordon is amazing
Dr. Gordon is amazing. He is very personable, kind and caring.
Education and Training:
- Cardiovascular Research Fellowship: Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston
- Chief Resident: University of Colorado
- Internal Medicine Residency: University of Colorado Medical Center
- Medical Doctorate: University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Bachelor of Arts: University of Pennsylvania
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Chief, Cardiology Subsection, Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Vice Chair Internal Medicine Supervisory Committee, Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Board Member (former President), American Heart Association
- Current Director of the Annual Maui Cardiovascular Symposium
- Research Fellowship Award
- Individual National Research Award from National Institutes of Health
- American College of Physicians
- American College of Cardiology, Governor of the Southern California Chapter
- California Medical Association
- San Diego County Medical Society
Special Areas of Study:
- ABSORB trial which investigates a revolutionary coronary stent which completely dissolves over time, Principal Investigator
- Distal Protection for Carotid and SVG Stenting
- Novel Pharmacologic Therapies for Acute Coronary Syndrome and Congestive Heart Failure
Current Research Interests:
- Adult Kawasaki Disease
- New Coronary Artery Stent Technology
- Novel Approaches to treatment of Coronary Artery Disease
- Cardiac Transplantation
- Coronary Physiology and Percutaneous Interventions
- Intravascular Ultrasound
- Kawasaki Disease in Adults
- Lymphoidal Irradiation
- Vascular Disease