Kavita Kumar , M.D., F.A.C.C.
A Passion for Helping People
"As a child, I had a strong sense of the importance of a healthy lifestyle. I remember constantly encouraging my grandfather to quit smoking, resorting to hiding his cigarettes and throwing them away on many occasions. When I was 14 years old, my mother suffered from a ruptured cerebral aneurysm. The sense of helplessness was overwhelming. It was at that time that I decided to pursue medicine to help others. Cardiology was an easy choice since I find every aspect of the heart fascinating, from its normally functioning state to all of its diseased states."
- Clinical Cardiology Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, University of California, Los Angeles, Davis Geffen School of Medicine
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University of California-Davis School of Medicine
- Medical Doctorate: Medical College of Pennsylvania Bachelor of Arts,
Premedical Sciences combined 6-yr BA/MD program
Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA
Knowledge of the Latest Medical Advancements
"I care for my patients by listening to their concerns and providing medical guidance and treatment to improve their lives. Obtaining continual knowledge of heart conditions and implementing the best treatments into my practice is of the utmost importance to me.
We have the best chance of fighting heart disease before it strikes and therefore prevention is extremely important. I strive to encourage my patients to take steps to prevent heart disease and to increase awareness of hearts disease being the #1 killer in both women and men."
- Board Certiﬁcation: National Board of Medical Examiners,
American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Nuclear Cardiology, and Echocardiography
- Membership: American College of Cardiology, American Heart Association, San Diego Medical Society, and California Medical Society
- Publications: Coronary Artery Pseudo-Aneurysms, Soy Estrogen Effects on Endothelial Function
- Special Interests: prevention, women and heart disease, congenital heart disease, imaging